Just a ten pound weight loss has many health benefits! The commitment you make to yourself to shed 10 pounds often is the start of more positive fitness and diet changes to follow.
1. Your joints will thank you! The next time you are in the grocery store, grab two 5-lb bags of potatoes and carry them around the permeter of the grocery store once. Then put them down and do your lap again. Notice the different with just those 10 pounds? Added weight taxes your body and your joints. Just losing ten pounds eases or wards off joint problems and even foot problems.
2. You can buy smaller clothes! Usually 10 pounds of weight lost is about one drop in size clothes.
3. It’s fun to exercise and usually the time it takes to lose 10 pounds will help you establish making exercise a healthy, vital part of your day! it takes 20-30 days to form a habit and it takes around 4-6 weeks to lose 10 pounds in a healthy way.
4. You might discover a love of new, healthier foods. Usually a commitment to lose 10 pounds involves eating less or eating differently and eating food that is healthier for you. Explore new healthier food choices and make a commitment to your heart health.
5. Your wallet will thank you! Fast Food Be Gone - Try to make a promise to yourself to not eat fast food for 6-8 weeks and see the benefits of money saved and the benefits from not eating high fat, high salt, processed food with questionable ingredients. Try saving the money and placing it in a vacation fund!
6. The doctor will be proud. Just losing 10 pounds can have benefits to your health such as decreasing your risk for diabetes, heart disease and lowering your blood pressure and other vital measurements. Smile at your next Dr. visit instead of expecting to hear negatives or worse, avoiding the visit altogether.
7. Your significant other will thank you! Boost your sex life, your energy levels and more with 10 pounds gone! The hormones released with exercise are energy boosters!! With that in full swing, you’ll also sleep better!
8. Your stress levels could go down. Stress produces Cortisol, which often rears it’s ugly head in the form of belly fat, especially in women. Take a look at your mid-section and if you are thick in the middle look at your intake, exercise levels and stress levels. Just ten pounds gone in the form of healthier eating and routine exercise can help decrease stress and stress hormones.